Wednesday 15 April 2015

Social Object: Radio wave Detector Prototype Three

After some research on DIY Radio Wave Detector, turns out it is not that easy. I both technical and component terms.

So to save time and budget, I went for a commercial product (hope this is not cheating), GSM Radio wave (Microwave) Detector. The detector was made to find radiowaves used in communication, which is perfect for my need.


What I did, was hack the detector slightly, so I can get a measure from it. In side the detector, there is a vibration motor, upon detection signals it will vibrate. I removed the motor and connect the negative leg to Arduino analog input, So Arduino could read the value of its detection. And from that value, I will be able to use it to trigger my feedback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment